Microsoft has released Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7, a new version of the company’s popular platform for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, as well as all versions of Windows Server starting with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
News of injection molding
Gehwol G Toe Separators. 1 786 ₽
Note that .NET Framework 4.7 is already part of the Windows 10 Creators Update and therefore does not need to be installed on it.
The new version comes with new features that developers can use in programs and that can be useful to users if developers use them.
Myway.cf – Access everywhere
FREE Ngrok replacement. Real IP. Faster SSH. There is TCP and UDP.
Find out more
Although you do not need to download and install the new .NET Framework 4.7 if you are not a developer, you may need to when developers and companies start releasing products oriented to the new version.
.NET Framework 4.7 Download
Microsoft has created two packages for the new version of the framework. The first is a web installer and the second is a standalone installer. The main difference between the two is that the standalone installer does not require an Internet connection during installation.
- .NET Framework 4.7 Web Installer Download
- .NET Framework 4.7 Offline Installer Download
The offline installer is about 58 megabytes in size.
Note. Installation of the .NET Framework 4.7 may be blocked on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012 devices. This occurs when the compatible D3DCompiler_47.dll is not installed on the device.
Administrators need to download and install the missing file from this Microsoft support page before running the .NET Framework 4.7 installation.
Microsoft plans to make the update available through the Windows Update Center and the Microsoft Update Center catalog Web site, but has not said when that will happen.
The .NET .Framework 4.7 release is an in-place update for .NET Framework versions 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1 and 4.6.2.
What’s new in the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7?
Microsoft highlights the major changes in the new version on this page on the MSDN site. Here is a brief version:
- Support for TLS protocols in the operating system by default
- Ability to configure default message security settings to TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2.
- Increased reliability of WCF applications and WCF serialization.
- Windows Forms High DPI support
- Support for touch / stylus stack based on Windows WM_POINTER messages
- New WPF print API implementation
- Enhanced functionality with Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- Better support for DataContractJsonSerializer control characters
- Object cache extensibility
- Developers can focus on .NET Framework 4.7 in Visual Studio 2012 to take advantage of new features and enhancements.
Now it’s your turn : Do you plan to install the new NET Framework 4.7?